Monday, May 2, 2011

I Was Going to Post Something Cute, But...

It's late Sunday night.

This is about the time I post some more blog buffoonery.

But this Sunday night is also when I heard that our Navy Seals took out Bin Laden.

Somehow, posting my thoughts about what I plan to make for breakfast or supper doesn't seem so important.

Instead, join me in giving thanks.

Not so much for the death of another (although evil) human being, but in the fact that perhaps dozens (hundreds? thousands?) of other innocent lives may have been spared by this action.

Join me in raising a glass to the men and women in the armed forces who brought this about.

It's a severe mercy. But it is, indeed, mercy for us all.

God bless, and I'll see you in a few days.

10 comments:

  1. I raise my glass in hopes that we can continue to work to achieve peace in this world and give thanks to those men and women doing a job that I so selfishly would not want my own children doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Very well said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I raise my glass! You are so right. I have such mixed feelings between relief and sorrow that we had to take someones life, even if for good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for you comments..lets work together to increase our networks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I'll be back in the saddle with another helping of blog buffoonery soon. 'Til then, since we all have our glasses raised: Slainte'. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chin-Chin and Sante! Oh goodness, such mixed feelings about this one.. I fear retaliations by his many supporters who love death as much as we love life. Only time will tell, in the meantime I pray for a time when we may all live in harmony with each other (if only it was that easy..). KG

    ReplyDelete